Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It is that that time of year again.
Yep!  Time to carve the pumpkins.

Every year the kids ask me to roast the pumpkin seeds.
I never do it, because I do not like roasted pumpkin seeds.
I do not like the taste,  I do not like the texture and
I do not like the amount of work required to roast them.
Welllllll......  this year I decided to do something different.....
So... after the kids carved the pumpkins,
I took the seeds......
Yep!!  I took the slimey seeds and divided them from the stringy pulp.
And, I decided to deep fry them....
They needed to fry as long as they needed to bake, which seemed like forever.
But really,  it was only about 20 minutes or so....
They became a golden brown; sounds good, doesn't it?
They were then drained to remove as much of the grease as possible,
and then I freely poured on the cinnamon and sugar....
Yeah Baby!!!!!
And how do you think they tasted????
AWFUL!!!
So, I still do not like pumpkin seeds.....
But I love carved pumpkins....
What do you do with your pumpkins seeds????
Should I do something different to  make them taste better????
I would love to hear your ideas.
Love,
Catrina


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and canNOT wait to hear from you. Love ya!