Tuesday, June 5, 2012

a little goes along way

Our Family lives with a limited budget,

so to update and refresh around the house,

we take old and make them new.....


I just reuse the same furniture,  of course...

but work to add dashes of new color...


I found this basket at the thrift store

and added color...


You can even start with small flowers (due to cost)

because they will begin to fill your containers in about two weeks.

Also, you can see where I added live flowers at the base of the old silk palm..


I planted this clematis in honor of my grandma, 

because she had one that grew on the edge of her porch,

and she would count the blooms every year...

This plant grows back every year and adds so much beautiful color.

If I lived in the south,  I would plant a confederate jasmine....  I love the scent they put off

and their look is out of this world...

but up north,  it dies off each year... sad huh? well... anyways!!!


I also use things from the house...

that I am tired of, inside.....

I then move it outdoors, because if it ruins,  it doesn't matter...

 
Also,   pick up things from yard sales,
 
I got this vine for 2.00 and it adds life to the porch
 
It is important to me that my home is a place
 
of comfort and it is inviting for those that come and visit....
 
I have worked to make my out side area the same way...
 
What does your home reflect of you??
 
It doesn't take much,  just a little TLC and a little color....
 
Go for it!
 
Love,
 
Catrina

4 comments:

  1. I love it mommy! You have always made our house a home I want to come back to! :) Oh and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you baby girl. I always want you to want to come home

      Delete
  2. Great post my friend, your deck looks beautiful. You and your family will certainly enjoy using it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Lynn. The storm we just had turned this deck upside down. But we were enjoying it, and we will work it back and continue to enjoy it

      Delete

I love comments! I read every one and canNOT wait to hear from you. Love ya!