Thursday, December 20, 2012

last minute home made gift!!

This past fall, our craft group made wreaths out of scraps of fabric..


I needed a quick, but a nice Christmas Present.... 
and I thought about how simple these wreaths were...
So I chose to make a 'winter one' for my inlaws....
as they had a 'Christmas One'  but nothing else.
 I chose to use netting, instead of ribbon and fabric.
And a clearance winter ribbon....
I used a roll of netting, as it made it easier to cut rectangles.
With this netting, I used the same techinique as in the original post...
where you put the ends of the netting through the loop.

After putting on all the netting....



I added the blue ribbon.


To continue with the winter theme...

I added glittered, white styrofoam balls...


These, I just glued on with a hot glue gun...


I also added two winter 'picks' to continue with my theme.


All of this took me about 3 hours from start to finish.

It is work, but it is a simple, easy to make, And, it looks like a hard to make gift!


I would love to hear what your ideas are

for this type of wreath, but for the different seasons.

And, 

Remember....

in the busyness of this season...

Don't forget why we are celebrating .

Love,
Catrina

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cindy. I hope they like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting ready to "pin" and "tweet" and share on Facebook. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank You, Jackie. My mother-in-law seemed to be pleased. Loved making it for her

      Delete
  4. Couple questions....please!!! What are the dimensions of the rectangles? Did you cut pieces of the blue ribbon or did you intertwine the ribbon throughout the wreath?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I read every one and canNOT wait to hear from you. Love ya!