Thursday, May 17, 2012

May God Give You Wings

When my second child,

my daughter Cheryse Nichole, 

(her junior prom picture)
When she graduated from High School,  I sang to her the song...
"May You Find Your Wings."
(Truly,  I cried through most of the song)


(She went to Word of Life in Argentina after she graduated)
(Yes,  she is totally fluent in Spanish)

The words of the song are as follows:

"I want you to know, as I watch you grow.....

I pray that God will fill your heart with dreams...


(The way we traveled in Argentina)
(and the hair???  well, mom and I blew the fuse, so we couldn't fix our hair)

And that faith (that you were taught) gives you the courage...

to dare to do great things....

(cheryse and her two younger sisters)

I am here for you, whatever life brings...

So let my love give you roots, and help you find your wings....

It's not living if you don't reach for the skies...

I'll have tears as you take off,  but I will cheer you as you fly..."

(both of my babies that are getting ready to fly)

She is now an assistant manager for Rooster's restaurant

and she graduates with a degree in Communications this December...


They are only ours for a moment....

Cheer,
encourage,
love,
discipline,
cry with them,
laugh with them,

But most importantly....

Love them through it all.....

Love,

Catrina

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I read every one and canNOT wait to hear from you. Love ya!